Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2024
Best Places to Work by Built In 2024
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking a Global Supply Manager to support our growing hardware supply chain team. In this role you will partner with Operations, Supply Chain, Planning, Manufacturing, Legal and Engineering to shape the future of our strategic supply chain partnerships. As a Global Supply Manager you will own the operational and commercial relationships with manufacturing partners, focusing on cost negotiations, supply continuity, quality and overall project execution. You will work with cross-functional teams to launch new products by driving alignment with our manufacturing partners from development to post launch. Ideal candidates should be analytical and curious learners with experience in direct supply chain sourcing. At Samsara, GSM’s drive close collaboration between engineering teams and external vendors, delivering data driven insights to internal parties to support joint design manufacturing.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Manage supplier relationships to drive alignment on cost, contracts, statements of work and overall development support.
- Develop global sourcing strategies and lead implementation
- Work collaboratively with internal teams on sourcing strategy, industry analysis, conducting trade-off analysis and evaluating supplier roadmaps
- Evaluate, assess, develop and manage supply partners from the RFI, RFQ and post award milestones to launch
- Provide insights on industry trends and manufacturing models, optimizing our supply chain for total cost ownership and resiliency
- Negotiate contracts and source alternative suppliers as needed to mitigate risk
- Analyze supplier spend, capacity and develop overall supplier negotiation and engagement strategies
- Champion sourcing activities and support value engineering projects to improve part quality and reduce cost
- Negotiate and implement cost-saving programs with suppliers
- Conduct market research and maintain a working knowledge of current business trends, including industry changes, cost drivers, global pricing and market conditions
- Influence and drive collaboration between cross-functional stakeholders to identify cost savings opportunities optimizing design, materials, and manufacturing processes
- Synthesize and communicate supply chain findings and risks to internal teams
- Proactively identify and resolve potential sourcing gaps to drive program execution
- Create should-cost models and collaborate with vendors to alternative cost-effective solutions
- Provide cost analytics, intelligence and insights across related Bills of Material components and CapEx
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years of experience in global supply chain and/or strategic sourcing
- Solid organizational skills, including: attention to detail, prioritization, and triage of complicated issues
- Ability to develop strategic insights and trends and plans to implement strategic goals
- Advanced analytical skills, experience in should-costing and leading complex negotiations
- Ability to translate data into insights and craft executive presentations
- Self-motivated, proactive, creative, and critical problem-solving capabilities
- Experience working with international supply base partners at executive levels
- Ability to work in fast-paced, ambiguous settings
- Experience collaborating and working cross-functionally with Engineering and Product teams
- Preferred experience in JDM or contract manufacturing models.
- BS minimum in a relevant analytical field e.g. Industrial Engineering, Engineering Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, and other characteristics protected by law. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive a competitive total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please be aware that Samsara does not accept or assume responsibility for unsolicited resumes from agencies. We do not charge fees to applicants at any stage of the hiring process. Official communication about your application will only come from emails ending in '@Samsara.com' or '@us-greenhouse-mail.io'.