How To Find A Job Without Looking
Just want to see this video? Enter your email
When Limor Bergman Gross moved to the US from Israel, she had no connections. Unable to go out and network with potential employers from across the pond, Limor invested a lot of time and effort in building her LinkedIn profile and connections virtually. This payed off, as both her current...
Meet The Speaker
- Question by Pamela asked on 2019-08-16
- Question by Ramya, Software Tester asked on 2019-08-16
Why employers don't consider candidates with a career gap(genuine reasons like the Visa issues) though they have they have good potential to get the quality work done and have shown remarkable results in their past experiences ?
- Question by Kathy asked on 2019-08-16
Any advice for those entering the workforce anew?
- Question by Erica asked on 2019-08-16
Any special advice for entry-level career switchers.
- Question by Kristal, Sr Application Support Analyst asked on 2019-08-16
Any idea why recruiters are primarily using Linkedin?
- Question by Lisa K, Editor asked on 2019-08-15
I can't attend live most likely but look forward to checking out the replay. Thank you for this cool topic. LinkedIn has been a mystery for me. I get headhunted now and then but it tends to be for jobs that no one else wants (last-gasp attempts, in other words).
- Question by Erica, Technical Analyst asked on 2019-08-15
Any other job hunting resources you found helpful ?
- Question by Shweta, Lead Engineer asked on 2019-08-15
hi Limor , just want to hear your talk
- Question by Tahlia asked on 2019-08-15
What peaked my interest was the very title of this live chat - how to find a job without looking. I am actively for a job, with the primary goal of working remotely full-time. How does one go about finding a job "without looking", and how do you create a virtual profile that will stand out in a highly competitive market?
- Question by April, Producer asked on 2019-08-15
I currently have a job, and it's good, but because of office politics and shift in people and culture I want to move on. I would like to be more active on linked in to let my network know I'm interested in new opportunities but I'm think people at my current job may see and I'd get backlash over it. What should I do, or how should I approach my network via linked in to let them know I'm very much open to new opportunities right now?
- Question by Candice, Director asked on 2019-08-15
What makes a person unapproachable online or what are turn offs to potential employers?
- Question by Denise, Design asked on 2019-08-15
What steps do you take to find a job without looking?
- Question by Kathy, Analyst asked on 2019-08-14
Are there any virtual networking events that are like a networking event you would attend in person, but all online?
- Question by Rachele, HR Professional asked on 2019-08-14
What was the hardest part for you to getting started?
- Question by Dave asked on 2019-08-14
Any hiring scams on linkedin to be aware and warned about?
- Question by Estrella, RETAIL asked on 2019-08-14
How to connect with professionals online without sounding like you are copy and pasting into their inbox?
- Question by Mariel asked on 2019-08-14
Advice for entry level candidates/recent grads.
- Question by LEILA, Systems Analyst asked on 2019-08-13
I’m not sure where to even start. I know I should be posting and talking with people to increase my network, but beside sharing interesting articles I read, I’m not sure what else I should be doing.
- Question by Kori, Frontend Developer asked on 2019-08-13
How you do create a profile and portfolio website that will, at least, generate feedback from a potential employer or recruiter/hiring manager?
- Question by parlinc273 asked on 2019-08-13
Should you put your phone number and email address on your LinkedIn profile or just let people reach out via Inmail?
- Question by Rhonda asked on 2019-08-13
How do you make your profile stand out over others?
- Question by Adina, Software Quality Assurance asked on 2019-08-13
Previous job opportunities seem to focus in on my skill set and gloss over my passions. How do I attract opportunities around my passions instead of just around my skill set? (For background, I am a SW developer, but would like to find work in the audio, sound, or music industries.) I am very interested in finding job opportunities abroad (likely Europe) so this talk is perfect! Looking forward to it!
- Question by Sridevi, Frontend Developer asked on 2019-08-13
Hope to get one by attending this webinar
- Question by Firstname_wp asked on 2019-08-13
How to carve out a career that doesn't really exist yet, coming from a DIY-credentialing perspective? (Data ethicist, not starting as a CISO?)
- Question by Kathleen asked on 2019-08-13
Beyond LinkedIn, what other sites are effective for building professional networks?
- Question by MICHELLE, Talent Acquisition asked on 2019-08-13
Top advice and sites for those seeking freelance & contract work? Gig economy is growing; any tips on getting into this?
- Question by Lisa asked on 2019-08-13
Do you have advice for those seeking remote opportunities?
- Question by Tracy, Customer Service asked on 2019-08-13
Tips for 100% virtual jobs
- Question by Lorna, Financial Controller asked on 2019-08-13
I’ve moved to the USA, from Malaysia, where I took a career break, to focus on settling in the kids. I’m British and have no contacts in the USA. I’m struggling with the online approach to promoting yourself as a potential candidate here. What tips can you suggest regards finding a role, accounting for my circumstances. I’ve been looking, it feels like constantly, since my work permit was issued in May.
- Question by Meghna (Mehrotra), Business Analyst asked on 2019-08-13
Do you have any tips on attracting the “right” audience for effective job leads when maintaining online profiles? “Right” audience are those connections that prove fruitful in leading you to real opportunities of interest. I am trying to return to tech after an 8 year break for motherhood so I am also trying to target family friendly/mom friendly organizations in hopes that they already know the skills a mom brings and be more willing to give me a second look; identifying such groups is not straightforward. I keep attracting inexperienced recruiters and don’t know how to advocate for me with my mommy gap. I am already on all these mom-returning-to work networks too.
- Question by Kim, Executive asked on 2019-08-13
What sites are essential to you in aiding & expediting job searches?
- Question by Katrina, Technical Program Project Manager asked on 2019-08-13
I've tried improving my LinkedIn profile using tips and tricks from various other coaches claiming this is THE way to get job offers without even trying. So far I've only received drips of interest from recruiters so far out of my industry that I wonder if they even read my profile...or maybe I'm just doing it all wrong. Hoping to learn some new tips and tricks that might work where the others have failed.
- Question by Eduardo asked on 2019-08-12
What's your take on Social Selling and do you see it as a tool that could also help "sell" yourself as a potential hire? Can you share tips if you use Social Selling in such a way?
- Question by Lisa asked on 2019-08-12
Where is appropriate to put that you're looking for remote only within your profile?
- Question by Denise, Business Development asked on 2019-08-08
I've leveraged LinkedIn but not had success as you describe. What was your strategy and what were your tactics?
- Question by Emily, Data asked on 2019-08-08
I have heard so many different strategies for job hunting: cold emailing, human voiced pain letters by mail, click apply on linkedin and Indeed jobs. What worked for you and how did you do it?
- Question by Angeleah, Graphic Designer asked on 2019-08-02
I'm terrible at networking and I hate talking to people. Is there a way to make this process easier online?
- Question by Imee, Business Analyst asked on 2019-08-01
Are there virtual meetups for networking? If so, how can they be used effectively?
- Question by Valerie, Event management asked on 2019-07-26
How do you start building relationships online with people with whom you have no direct connection?
Ask a Question
Is there a specific question you have for the speaker? Let us know!