can i be inquisitive ?
Owning your career path
How do you imagine your career? Do you picture it as a stairway to success, with each step leading to a new title or promotion? Or do you envision your career as an open canvas, waiting to be painted with extraordinary experiences?
According to Google’s Director ofTalent Outreach and active HOLA ERG member, Cinthia Lopez, there’s no one-size-fits-all career path. Cinthia comes from a non-tech background, has enjoyed four different careers (so far!) while remaining ever-curious and open to learning new things. As a Latina in tech, she’s incredibly passionate about empowering others to pursue their passions, engage their purpose, and leave an impact.
Cinthia understands that there’s room for everyone in the biggest tech companies, so it’s crucial not to be intimidated. You 100% can — and should — have agency in your future. After all, your career doesn’t just happen to you. You engineer it with your very own superpowers and by connecting to what moves you!
Get ready to:
- Reimagine what career means for you — and identify those superpowers
- Learn why having a curious mindset is so important
- Hear how to self-advocate and articulate what you want
- Embrace “striving to be excellent” in the moment
- Assess how a new role will serve your journey