Funny Boss Memes — For When You Need to LOL About Your Bad/Annoying/Micromanaging Boss
Which of These Bosses Have You Worked For?
We've all heard the saying that people quit bosses, not jobs.
But whether you've got a good boss, bad boss, toxic boss, or moderately incompetent boss, you can't go wrong by scrolling through some manager memes to remind yourself that you're not alone! We all deal with difficult bosses in our careers, and sometimes we are the difficult bosses. So why not learn to laugh at ourselves?
Check out these funny boss memes and let us know which ones of these bosses you've dealt with or are dealing with now!
20 Funny Boss Memes
1. That boss who's more of a numbers person than a people person...
Don't take it personally, they're probably not being a jerk on purpose... but if you get the chance, try talking to them about their behavior and how it makes you feel. Open communication can help ease the tension.
2. That sexist boss who doesn't even realize he's sexist.
Few things hurt as much as not getting credit for your ideas. Especially when a guy literally just repeats it and runs away with the credit. Need help dealing with these kinds of microaggressions? We've got you covered.
3. The boss who has selective vision.
We all want to feel validated at work. Check out some of our tips from getting the validation you need from your boss and managing up.
4. The boss who's always saying no.
Who doesn't want more money? If you feel like you're not being paid what you're worth, but your boss isn't taking your subtle hints and/or has already outright rejected your request, check out these tips for making your case!
5. The boss who makes you so sick of work that you call out sick.
If you're feeling burnt out and look for any excuse not to go into work, it might be time to look for a new job or consider a career break.
6. That boss who has no concept of time.
Nobody wants to be stuck at the office on Friday evening. Ever considered giving remote work a try?
7. The boss who doesn't really know what they're doing.
Can't handle the frustration any more of working for someone who doesn't know what they're doing? Check out this chat.
8. The boss who doesn't know how to take responsibility.
Terrible but true. And just a bit #toxic.
9. The boss who thinks their time is more valuable than yours.
If you like to argue technicalities, you might be quick to point out that your boss's time is likely more valuable than yours... but regardless of what their hourly rate is, constantly being late is seriously disrespectful. If your boss continually blows you off, you might be dealing with a toxic boss — learn how to deal with the situation here.
10. The annoying boss who's even more annoying when they're right.
Bosses can drive us nuts, but just cause somebody's annoying doesn't mean you can't learn from them. It's all about mindset.
11. The boss who takes credit for your ideas.
Just not cool.
12. The boss who's dealing with a lot more than you realized.
It's easy to think your boss does nothing all day until they go on vacation and put you in charge...
13. The boss who doesn't realize they've got an anger management problem.
Constant yelling is another sign of a toxic boss. Learn what you can do to deal with the situation.
14. The boss who's always asking you to work overtime.
15. The boss who doesn't own their mistakes.
16. The boss who never answers your emails.
17. That boss that always "really needs this by tomorrow."
18. That boss who really doesn't pay you enough.
19. That boss you can't help feeling bad for... cause you can kinda relate.
20. And finally, that boss who's supportive, inspiring, and super good at what they do.
It's fun to complain about bad bosses. But credit where credit is due — some bosses go above and beyond, and it's thanks to their mentorship that we learn, grow, and fall in love with our work. So here's to all the great bosses, who occasionally have not so great moments, because #wereonlyhuman. Thanks for all you do!