31 Remote Jobs Available Now in Sales, Marketing, and Engineering
Why You Should Consider These 3 Functional Areas When Looking for Work-From-Home-Jobs
If you're wondering what kinds of remote jobs are available now, you're not alone. With unemployment rates skyrocketing and questions about when—and if—"non-essential" workers will return to the office growing by the day, it's safe to say there's a lot of uncertainty about the future of work.
Looking for remote or flexible jobs is one way to quell that uncertainty—but which remote jobs are most in-demand?
Below we've highlighted three functional areas — sales, marketing, and engineering — that will continue having open roles that can be done remotely.
Even as sectors like leisure and hospitality shrink, hiring in the information technology sector has remained relatively stable. Sales, engineering, and marketing are all essential functions at IT companies and offer opportunities for professionals from a variety of backgrounds (i.e., if you're a writer, you might consider roles in marketing; if you're a fitness trainer or coach, you might do well in sales) to find roles that suit their interests and skillset.
Although a career in sales no doubt gets tougher during a slowdown, sales as a function has become all the more essential as businesses look to pivot strategies and maintain revenue streams amidst the current crisis.
Even if you lack prior experience in sales, you can get a foot in the door by applying to entry-level positions in business development, searching for new leads for account executives.
Business development representatives and account executives searching for new leads aren't the only important sales-related roles that need to be filled. Customer success managers and renewal managers have an even more important role to play during a recession as acquiring new business becomes more difficult, and demonstrating value to existing customers to secure renewals and minimize churn becomes essential.
Consider a career pivot to sales if: you're a goal-oriented go-getter with excellent listening skills who loves strategizing, meeting new people, and isn't afraid of the word "no."
- Enterprise Account Executive, Elastic
- Enterprise Account Executive, Mural
- Enterprise Account Manager, PagerDuty
- Regional Sales Manager, Peloton
- Partner Sales Manager, Google
- Sales Operations Associate, Mural
- Director, Enterprise Sales, PagerDuty
- Sales Development Manager, Contrast Security
- Renewal Account Manager, Contrast Security
- Partner Account Manager, Packet
- Senior Customer Success Manager, Mural
- Customer Success Project Manager
- Senior Customer Succes Manager, Okta
View all open remote Sales roles here.
Developers have always had a leg up in the remote job market, and that has become especially true now, as many of the companies that are still hiring during COVID are tech companies that provide the very tools and services we're all relying on to conduct business (not to mention our personal lives—hello, Zoom family dance parties). And engineers are essential to making these products a reality.
Consider a career pivot to engineering if: you love technical problem solving and have some coding expertise. If you have an academic background in data science, pursuing a corporate job in engineering may be a more natural transition than you think!
There are hundreds of remote/flexible jobs for engineers on PowerToFly, but some of the newest include:
- Principal Software Engineer, DigitalOcean
- Lead Software Engineer, New Relic
- Full Stack Engineer, Sentropy Technologies
- Principal Software Engineer, Dell
- Developer Solutions Engineer, Okta
- Full Stack Developer, Contrast Security
- Front-end React.js Engineer, Pluralsight
View all remote engineering roles here. (And before to check out this chat if you need advice on how to make the pivot!)
Marketing & Product Management
Once the engineers have built a product, who's going to sell it? Sales, right? But in case you haven't already heard the classic, "Everyone is in sales," now you know — marketers are salespeople too.
In recent years, marketing has moved out of the shadow of sales and instead of being viewed simply as an internal support department, it's now seen as having a strategic function of its own. Much like sales, marketing departments must now find creative ways to maintain old revenue streams and secure new ones.
Consider a career pivot to marketing if: You're a creative problem solver who loves big-picture thinking and analysis. Top notch analytical skills and communication skills are required to really thrive in marketing, but there's plenty of opportunities to find your niche within the broader 'marketing' umbrella. Love writing? Consider content marketing. Obsessed with customers, user experience, and business strategy? Product management/marketing might be just your thing.
- Head of Marketing, OctaneAI
- Digital Marketing Manager, Contrast Security
- Director, Geo Global Product Partnerships, Google
- Product Manager, Mural
- Director of Product Management, Elastic
- Senior Product Manager, DigitalOcean
- Head of Product, Mural
- Manager, Strategic Global Marketing, Dell
- Senior Manager of Product Marketing, PagerDuty
- Senior Director, Global Marketing, Advertising Business, Spotify
- Global Brand Solutions Lead, Go-To-Market, YouTube, Google
View all remote marketing roles here.
Didn't see what you're looking for? Be sure to check out all remote roles available now on PowerToFly here.
- Best Work From Home Jobs 2020 - PowerToFly Blog ›
- Remote Work vs. Telecommuting Jobs: Key Differences ... ›
- Great Non-Tech Remote Jobs - PowerToFly Blog ›
- 5 Tips for Getting Hired During COVID - PowerToFly Blog ›
- 34 Open Remote Jobs At Tech Companies Hiring Now ... ›
- Best Work From Home Jobs 2021 - PowerToFly Blog ›
- Great Non-Tech Remote Jobs 2022 - PowerToFly Blog ›
- Open Remote Jobs At Tech Companies Hiring Now! - PowerToFly Blog ›
- 5 Tips for Getting Hired During COVID - PowerToFly Blog ›
- Best Remote Jobs 2022 - PowerToFly Blog ›