Ready to take the next step in your career?
At CDW, we’re here to make a real-world impact with leading technology solutions. When you join our team as an Account Representative, we're putting you on the fast track to becoming a consultative seller, offering the most innovative technology brands to best meet your customer’s needs.
As an Account Representative (AR), you’ll collaborate directly with a variety of IT decision makers to improve their technology infrastructure and boost their efficiency. Whether an organization needs a single tablet or an entire virtual environment, you’ll have the sales training, mentoring, tools and resources to connect with your customers and solve their most complex IT challenges. From uncapped earning potential to ongoing training and professional networking opportunities, we provide all the resources you need to empower our customers. Here’s everything you need to know to be successful as an Account Representative.
How does CDW measure success in Account Representatives?
Our leadership team uses several metrics to measure the success of Account Representatives, including individual and team goals, customer interactions, and learning objectives to be met monthly.
What skills and traits does CDW look for in successful Account Representatives?
We’re looking for coworkers who are eager to learn, determined to overachieve, resilient to rejection and driven to succeed. Having a customer first mindset is key. Even if you don’t have any sales or tech experience, we offer leading-edge training and networking opportunities so you can develop the skills you need to be successful in the future.
What does the training look like at CDW?
Each Account Representative goes through a robust, prescriptive training program.
- Phase I – 4-week instructor led content that focuses on getting you acclimated to our tools, systems and selling culture. ARs take a weekly assessment to measure progress and must pass a Graduation Test at the end of week 4 to continue employment and move to Phase II
- Phase II – 2-week instructor led content along with sales floor based activities focused on role playing customer based scenarios and prepping ARs for the transition to Academy
- Academy: An inclusive learning environment designed to build a strong foundation of selling readiness through development and prescriptive coaching. Account Representatives will build value-based relationships to best serve our customers.
After the first 6 weeks, you join the Academy program dedicated to your development for 4-5 months. During this time, you will continue a focus on selling and learning, while getting introduced to the role more hands on. You get a customized and prescriptive individual development plan to help you build the foundational skills for future success.
- Residency: After completion of the Academy, you join the Residency program which you can be a part of up to 19 months before you join your destination team. Residency will continue to accelerate your development by providing focused structure through prescriptive learning and sales activities.
During these phases, we offer continuous support from industry-leading solution experts and technology partners, as well as resources and coaching throughout our sales training program.
Even after you’ve graduated from the Sales Training Academy and completed the Sales Residency Program, we offer continuous training throughout your entire CDW career.
What resources are Account Representatives given during phases 1-3 of training?
During phases 1–3 of training, Account Representatives can access several layers of leadership support, including senior leadership. We’re committed to ensuring you have everything you need to excel in your role, from one-on-one coaching to on-the-job experience.
Our comprehensive sales training program also features wide-ranging resources, including:
- Ongoing classroom training and online learning activities
- In-person and virtual training
- In-person and virtual sales coaches
- Online partnership and in-person support teams
- Sales and Backbone Supervisor support
What milestones are Account Representatives expected to hit within the first 6 months – 1 year?
Our leadership team uses metrics thresholds to create milestones for Account Representatives during their first year. We also expect Account Representatives to meet training expectations and develop new customer and partner relationships as they grow with CDW.
Do Account Representatives receive support outside of their training?
When you join CDW as an Account Representative, you’ll receive a mentor assigned by leadership. We also offer additional networking opportunities, so you can network with coworkers across different teams.
After training ends, our coworkers will still have access to numerous levels of support throughout all areas of CDW — from leadership to dedicated coaches, operations supervisors, and technical support experts.
How many Account Representatives report to one manager?
The number of Account Representatives per team varies, but our target is between 12 and 20 per team.
Do Account Representatives go into the office every day, or can they stay fully remote?
We offer a hybrid work schedule, with Account Representative roles throughout the United States. There are specific trainings and activities which will require you to be in your local CDW office a minimum of twice a week to build relationships with CDW team members and partners. Our hybrid model allows for a combination of work-life balance and in-person collaborative environments to help you reach your full potential.Learn more about our career opportunities to start your career journey with CDW.