Design Meets Code
Dec. 26, 2017
If you've noticed that your Twitter feed has recently been bombarded with the hashtags #100DaysOfCode and #DailyCSSimage, you're not alone. Social media "code challenges" have become a popular fad for not only beginning coders, but for those who looking to add a new set of skills to their advanced repertoire. I just happened to stumble across this blog post in my Medium feed, and needless to say I was hooked.
With minimal drawing skills, Eleftheria Batsou was able to create incredible graphics using the coding skills she was learning via this post "A Beginner's Guide to Pure CSS Images" and their free email course. What impressed me the most was how much she improved from her first image to her last, truly embodying the idea that anyone can code.
Her conclusion is as follows:
"This challenge helped me in so many different ways:
- I got better at CSS/SCSS, I also learned about animations.
- I learned new tools about colors, shapes, and animations.
- I connected with people all around the world on Codepen, Twitter, and Youtube.
- I shared my knowledge on Codepen and Youtube and I hope I helped and inspired other developers.
- I learned to be more patient and focused on my image and my code rather than get distracted by little things.
- I got better at time management.
- I did not get better at drawing!"
Are you working on a project that you'd love to share with the PowerToFly community? Join our Facebook group and send it our way!
- Women Who Code: Welcome ›
- Women Who Code (@WomenWhoCode) | Twitter ›
- About Us | Women Who Code ›
- Women Who Code SF (San Francisco, CA) | Meetup ›
- Jobs | Women Who Code ›
- Join the #100DaysOfCode – freeCodeCamp ›
- #100DaysOfCode Official Website | #100DaysOfCode ›
- GitHub - Kallaway/100-days-of-code: Fork this template for the 100 ... ›
- 100 Days of Code - Happy Coding ›
- Kallaway/100-days-of-code ›
- 100 Days of Code Challenge: Completed! – Brittany Walker – Medium ›
- 100 Days of Code (@100daysofcode) | Twitter ›
- 100 Days of Code – Richard Littauer – Medium ›
- 100 Days Of Code - The Rules #100DaysOfCode - YouTube ›
- 59DAYSOFCODE ›